Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Life.

It's half past two in the morning
and I'm sitting here listening
to the thoughts in my head.
Why am I still thinking, when all has been said?

I'm all worn out, my heart is fried.
I'm a sucker for love, but at least I've tried.

Four concrete slabs erected vertically
Bombard fond memories at my head inexorably.
Bringing me forward and back, I travel through time,
Reliving those sweet memories - when everything was fine.

I feel all kinds of joyful emotions when you're by my side.
But the moment I turn away, I feel all kinds of pain creeping inside.
It seems I’ve been tossed in another direction,
like being in a sea full of emotional turbulence.

This emptiness inside me is making me feel really low.
The feeling of a happy family, the sweetest love, I wanna know.
Living life here on the rough terrain,
I need you here to keep me sane.

Couples strolling through the beach hand in hand,
Embossing their footprints in the sand.
A mark of their unity and a celebration of their love,
A figment in their memory and a moment in the earth.

Waves of a cosine graph renew the seashore,
The condition of the sand pristine once more.
The past now erased, lest the Gods who know,
And a new day begins, with new chances that sow.

Dear God,
the only thing I ask of you is to hold him when I'm not around,
when I'm much too far away.

No comments:

Post a Comment